Full course description
About This Course
During this course you will learn the basics of the federal law that restrict the use of certain pesticides. You will learn your responsibilities as a certified pesticide applicator. Next, you will learn how to read and understand the pesticide label. The pesticide label is the official document on how to use pesticides. The same material in this course can be found in the 6 CEU Bundle for Utah.
Curriculum (approximately 1 hour)
Module 1 Federal Pesticide Laws and Regulations (35 minutes)
- Pesticide Certifications
- Registration of Pesticides
- Regulations and Laws
- Specific Regulations and Laws
- Recordkeeping Requirements
- Violations and Penalties
Module 2 Pesticide Labeling (20 minutes)
- Introduction to the Label
- Parts of the Label
- Mandatory vs. Advisory Statements
- Other Labeling Resources
- Safety Data Sheets
This course is adapted from the National Pesticide Applicator Certification (NPAC) Core Manual, 2nd Edition, 2014; which can be found at www.nasda.org.
- Weeds Management CEU (1 CEU credit in Utah)
- Pesticide Hazards, First Aid, and Emergency Response CEU (1 CEU credit in Utah)
- Pesticide Application Techniques CEU (1 CEU credit in Utah)
- Protecting the Environment CEU (1 CEU credit in Utah)
- Understanding Federal Law and the Label CEU (1 CEU credit in Utah)
- Equipment and Calibration Examples CEU (2 CEU credits in Utah)
- IPM Strategies CEU (1 CEU credit)
- Personal Protective Equipment CEU (1 CEU credit)
- Insects and Insect Control CEU (1 CEU credit)
- Plant Diseases and Disease Control CEU (1 CEU credit)
- Vertebrate Pests CEU (1 CEU credit)
CEU Currently Approved by Utah Only
You will receive 1 CEU credits in the Law category. Check with your state agency for CEU credit approval.
The course contains 11 learning pages. You must view all 11 pages to receive CEU credit toward the re-certification requirements. Once you have viewed the entire course, you will receive a certificate of completion. You must print the certificate to receive your CEU credits. You need to present your printed certificate to UDAF to receive credit for this course towards your CEU requirements. We do not send enrollment information to UDAF or any other agency. You are responsible for notifying your governing agency that you have taken this online course for CEU credits. The CEUs listed on the certificate are approved for the state of Utah. Check with your local agency for approval of CEU credits outside of Utah.
Having trouble signing up for this course? View instructions on How to Enroll.