Pesticide Application Techniques CEU
Time limit: 30 days
Sorry! The enrollment period is currently closed. Please check back soon.
Full course description
About This Course
During this course you will learn how to properly apply pesticides. The same material in this course can be found in the 6 CEU Bundle for Utah.
Curriculum (approximately 1.5 hours)
Module 1 Planning the Pesticide Application (21 minutes)
- Use the Pesticide Label
- Determining Pesticide Compatibility
- Safe Mixing and Loading Practices
- Cleaning Empty Pesticide Containers
- Applying Pesticides Correctly
- Cleaning Up After Pesticide Use
Module 2 Pesticide Formulations (33 minutes)
- Definitions and Abbreviations
- Liquid Formulations
- Dry Formulations
- Other Formulation Types
Module 3 Pesticide Application Procedures (29 minutes)
- Application Methods and Equipment
- Techniques to Reduce Drift
- Safety Systems
- Equipment Calibration
- Calculating the Application Area
- Calculating the Application Rate
This course is adapted from the National Pesticide Applicator Certification (NPAC) Core Manual, 2nd Edition, 2014; which can be found at www.nasda.org.
- Weeds Management CEU (1 CEU credit in Utah)
- Pesticide Hazards, First Aid, and Emergency Response CEU (1 CEU credit in Utah)
- Pesticide Application Techniques CEU (1 CEU credit in Utah)
- Protecting the Environment CEU (1 CEU credit in Utah)
- Understanding Federal Law and the Label CEU (1 CEU credit in Utah)
- Equipment and Calibration Examples CEU (2 CEU credits in Utah)
- IPM Strategies CEU (1 CEU credit)
- Personal Protective Equipment CEU (1 CEU credit)
- Insects and Insect Control CEU (1 CEU credit)
- Plant Diseases and Disease Control CEU (1 CEU credit)
- Vertebrate Pests CEU (1 CEU credit)
CEU Currently Approved by Utah Only
You will receive 1 CEU credit in the Use category. Check with your state agency for CEU credit approval.
The course contains 18 learning pages. You must view all 18 pages to receive CEU credit toward the re-certification requirements. Once you have viewed the entire course, you will receive a certificate of completion. You must print the certificate to receive your CEU credits. You need to present your printed certificate to UDAF to receive credit for this course towards your CEU requirements. We do not send enrollment information to UDAF or any other agency. You are responsible for notifying your governing agency that you have taken this online course for CEU credits. The CEUs listed on the certificate are approved for the state of Utah. Check with your local agency for approval of CEU credits outside of Utah.
Having trouble signing up for this course? View instructions on How to Enroll.