Full course description
About This Course
This course discusses strategies for proper management of weeds.
Curriculum (approximately 1 hour)
- Definition of a Weed
- Why Weeds Need to be Controlled
- Weed Categories
- Weed Control Methods
This course was developed with the assistance of D. Craig Aston, Utah State University, and Steve Dewey, Utah State University.
- Weeds Management CEU (1 CEU credit in Utah)
- Pesticide Hazards, First Aid, and Emergency Response CEU (1 CEU credit in Utah)
- Pesticide Application Techniques CEU (1 CEU credit in Utah)
- Protecting the Environment CEU (1 CEU credit in Utah)
- Understanding Federal Law and the Label CEU (1 CEU credit in Utah)
- Equipment and Calibration Examples CEU (2 CEU credits in Utah)
- IPM Strategies CEU (1 CEU credit)
- Personal Protective Equipment CEU (1 CEU credit)
- Insects and Insect Control CEU (1 CEU credit)
- Plant Diseases and Disease Control CEU (1 CEU credit)
- Vertebrate Pests CEU (1 CEU credit)
CEU Currently Approved by Utah Only
You will receive 1 CEU credits in the Use category. This course is most applicable to those applicators licensed in either the Right of Way or the Ornamental and Turf Categories. Check with your state agency for CEU credit approval.
The course contains 6 learning pages. You must view all 6 pages to receive CEU credit toward the re-certification requirements. Once you have viewed the entire course, you will receive a certificate of completion. You must print the certificate to receive your CEU credits. You need to present your printed certificate to UDAF to receive credit for this course towards your CEU requirements. We do not send enrollment information to UDAF or any other agency. You are responsible for notifying your governing agency that you have taken this online course for CEU credits. The CEUs listed on the certificate are approved for the state of Utah. Check with your local agency for approval of CEU credits outside of Utah.
Having trouble signing up for this course? View instructions on How to Enroll.