Full course description
What is Included: This course includes all the educational materials required by UDAF to apply for the Non-Commercial Pesticide License, with a focus on the Regulatory Category. The educational materials include the Core Manual and the Category Manual. This course also includes the exams required by UDAF. Everything you need for the educational certification is provided with successful completion of this course.
Who Needs This Course: This course is limited to state and federal employees, or persons under their direct supervision, who apply pesticides in a mechanical ejection device, a protective collar, or other methods to control regulated pests. There are two subcategories:
- This category is limited to state and federal, employees or persons under their direct supervision, who apply pesticides in a mechanical ejection device, or other methods to control regulated pests.
- This category is limited to state and federal, employees or persons under their direct supervision, who apply pesticides in a protective collar, or other methods to control regulated pests.
After Completion of Educational Materials: Once you have completed all the educational materials, schedule an appointment with the nearest testing center to take your exams with a proctor. Your test scores will be transferred to UDAF once you have passed the exams and completed the Course Completion form found inside the course (the form is only available after passing both exams with 35/50 or better on each exam). The proctor will have you access this course to take the exams.
Completing this course does NOT fill all requirements for the Non-Commercial Pesticide License. You will need to return to UDAF's webpage to apply for and pay them directly for the official license.
Additional Categories: Commercial and Non-commercial applicators are required to be certified for additional categories based on the application site and the type of work they perform. Visit USU Extension Catalog to register for additional categories.
Questions: For technical support, contact the Support Hotline at (877) 428-4389. Mention that you are calling about a USU Extension Catalog course. You can also contact USU Extension Help Desk at ExtensionHelpDesk@usu.edu or (435) 797-8459 during regular business hours.
- You will need your own, personal email to register. We can not accept one business email for multiple registrants.
- Cost: $20
- Core & Category Materials
- Certification Exams Included
- Language: English
- Access: Two-month access
- Testing Locations: Link to Local Testing Centers
- Pay for License: UDAF's webpage
- Course Type: Self-paced
- Course Media: Video lectures, interactive content, review quizzes
- Having trouble signing up for this course? View instructions on How to Enroll.
Having trouble signing up for this course? View instructions on How to Enroll.